The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a local consultancy post of Social Media Coordinator, which will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy, for a contract period of 6 months with possibility of extension up to 11 months.
Are you on top of the latest Social Media trends and have extensive experience coordinating Social Media initiatives? We need someone to define the strategy and coordinate WFP’s Social Media activities; someone who will write, manage, analyse, coordinate, and train. Join our team and work in an exciting, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, surrounded by talented people of different cultures and nationalities. Help us build the most innovative and effective digital engagement platform in the fight against hunger by developing the best possible web presence for WFP.
Reporting to the Head of Web and Social Media, the Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for the following key duties:
Social Media Strategy and Governance
- In collaboration with the Head of Web and Social Media, develop and execute a Social Media strategy that supports the organization’s overall communications strategy;
- Develop standards, systems, workflows and best practices for Social Media.
Social Media Content creation
- Lead the Social Media content development process and hold accountability for planning and creating content for WFP’s Social Media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on Social Media content ideas with the aim of creating dynamic, impactful and differentiated content;
- Write, edit, and produce Social Media content, positioning content for clarity and impact;
- Conduct Social Media content audits/inventories;
- Manage, update and maintain the Social Media editorial calendar.